The Green Sweater is Done
Now I'm between projects. Can you believe that I currently have nothing at all on knitting needles? The green sweater took just barely half of that yarn, so there is plenty left for accessories. I could make a hat in the same pattern, and socks, mittens, etc. I think Ashley needs to try making some socks to match her sweater. We'll see - she has learned enough that she could do it, but so far just hasn't been dedicated enough to finish a project the size of socks. She knits I-cord and small purses and wallets. I also have six skeins of the same yarn in yellow, so I intend to make something for the kids with that too, but have yet to decide on a design.
The green/blue/black varigated roving that I started spinning a long time ago is all spun into thick, low-twist singles and I decided that it did in fact want to be bead yarn. About half (two skeins) of it is plied. Rather than spinning a fine singles yarn to ply it onto, I plied it onto black sewing thread, and that is working just fine. To make bead yarn you keep the tension in the finer thread, allowing the thick single to wrap around it, making a textured yarn.
The angora goats came back (the people who bought them found out that they were not going to get water for their pasture this year, so decided that they needed to cut back instead of getting something new). I'm happy to have the angoras here, but I really do need to cut back too. I don't even have pasture. So these sweeties are still available, and so are many of the sheep and a few nice dairy goats if anybody is interested.
The lambs are growing