Hi! We're still around. The kids are out of school for the summer, and there's plenty to catch up with around here. The weather has been pretty nice for a while now, and, no, it hasn't still been snowing for two months. I should have a bit more time too, since my current jobs are dependent on the school year. Let's see what we can get rolling.
I sent my kids a list of websites to keep them busy (if they ever get a computer turn - if I'm home I'm usually at the computer studying or writing a paper or just trying to keep in contact with everyone). Maybe you (or your kids) would enjoy some of these links too.
First of all, some games the kids are getting addicted to (yeah, let's blame it all on the kids for now).
- http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/ (these are cute and have calming music - the kids get hypnotised)
- http://games.myway.com/ (a bit of everything - Mah Jong, action, puzzle, card games)
- http://yaletoday.com/games/index.cfm (some of these are different - or creative; and they have Tetris too)
I threw in some educational sites to keep their brains running over the summer (and they are pretty fun too, I think - educational game type things, mostly).
- http://www.rhymes.org.uk/index.htm (okay, these first two are literature - stories and rhymes)
- http://www.lemonadegame.com/ (a game about managing a small business)
- http://www.starfall.com/ (this is an excellent learning to read site that my kids are too old for)
- http://www.321know.com/world.htm (math - Kindergarten - 8th grade)
- http://www.aaamath.com/B/tablcont.htm (more math)
- http://www.funbrain.com/ (one of the kids' favorites)
- http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/web_games.htm (geography and lots more, a good review for adults too)
- http://quizhub.com/quiz/quizhub.cfm (lots of games and quizzes on lots of subjects, and crosswords, chess, Sudoku and other puzzles)
- http://netvet.wustl.edu/e-zoo.htm (all about animals, vets, etc.)
Here are some cute time wasters that are worth a look, although you might get tired of them pretty fast:
Anybody want to learn a language?
Or learn about Norway?
I guess that will do for now. I've got to get some non-snow pictures and fiber arts pictures up here. I have continued knitting, believe it or not, but I've gotten into a bad habit of forgetting to take pictures of it before I give it away.
Some people have told me they are having trouble looking at my archives. I've seen it sometimes look like it wasn't displaying all of the entries. It looks okay to me right now, but I'll republish and see what that does. Cross your fingers for better and not worse.